Skip to main content
Truth - 5 minute fridays


Truth it’s a person, it’s Jesus.  He is the Truth.  He said it about himself in the Book of John.  He stood before Pilate and was His answer when he asked unbelievingly, “What is truth?” 
He is the Truth that I’ve known all along.  He is the only Truth that ultimately makes sense.  I know and have always known that he is real, that He is God, and that all of life comes together through Him.  I knew it as a child listening to my mom’s retelling of Bible Stories and I knew it even though I stumbled over it as a highschooler trying to figure my faith out.  I always knew that He was indeed true, even when I was so far from true. 
Here’s another Truth….our real home Heaven.  It’s that place that according to the writer of Hebrews all of the former sojourners of the faith looked for.  They were not content with this mediocre life with all of its hurts and hang ups, even though some possessed great wealth and some had none they all decided that their real, truest home was Heaven.  And that according to Hebrews, is the home they were looking for…waiting for…the place they would finally be their truest selves at Home in Heaven with God….and all this…this joy in this life and all its pain…its monotony…its blessing…that all of this was just a journey onward…sometimes just one day at a time…sometimes one moment….that it was a journey to the Ultimate Truth….God our Father, Jesus His Son, and the sweet comforting Holy Spirit…that they were real True life….and communion with them and freedom from ourselves…freedom to dance in fellowship with them…live in their love…that was our True Design…
I try to instill that in my girls…over and over we’ve talked.  Early on in the early years of my two older girls, a beloved family member died …young..only 26, unexpected…hard…for reasons unexplained…too soon…leaving a baby of his own…and all the “Why?s” and “ifs”….and from that pain…out of the whys…many discussions have been birthed…
Now a natural flow of our conversations is about Heaven…and according to my Madeline (my truth proclaimer…my girl with the prophet personality)… “Heaven is real. And earth isn’t.”  She said emphatically all of us a pile of love on the living room rug.  I looked into those clear blue eyes and said, “Well Madeline…earth is real.”  Madeline wasn’t giving up the point.  “Well,” she put her hands out and rolled her eyes up to the sky (like a girl I once knew), “Heaven is most real.” 
She’s right.  She knows this life isn’t forever and that something eternal is so close to us all.  Something truer, better, what we’ve all longed for…Heaven.
Yes Heaven, our true home…its working its way into our conversations..in the mini van whisking around town…what better conversation than Heaven…beauty of Hope discussed by two sisters… A three year old and a five year old and a 28 year old all musing about Heaven…who will we know, what will we do, and how death really isn’t scary…when ones eyes immediately flutter open to Jesus’ sweet face and angel wings….and a soul is finally free to be all that it was made to be…enjoying the One who made and saved us forever in His beautiful Home....Truth served up from the heart of a child.  
madelyn : "Heaven is the most real place."

Comments

  1. What an awesome momma you are! Keep up the good work!!!

    Stopping by from #FMF

    Brandi (@Fitzysmom)
    www.RambleSAHM.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post! I love all of the different connections you made, closing it out with the sweetest of conversations between your daughters. Beautiful. Having trouble signing in... But this is Holly from inthecalm.org! Glad to have been your 5 Minute Friday neighbor! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful Truth here. :) We lost a sweet friend this past May, and it has been interesting (and awesome!) to hear my daughter talk about heaven. Some days she still thinks we can take an airplane to visit, but I love that she wants to go there! I'm just praying that the truth and beauty of it will continue to grow in her little heart. :) Love this post...blessings, friend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

31 Days of Free Writes #Wave

Four summers ago the first weekend in September marked one month.  One month lived out shaky and unsteady.  Just putting a few steps in front of the other and letting tears drip down faces or anger spill out at the sky.  "Why?"
I had watched my husband shake violently at the graveside of his twenty-six year old brother as he sat a few inches from the casket.
My usually stoic husband reached out for the casket as he passed by and I heard his voice crack as he called out his name.  One more time. I had never seen him stricken with grief.  That groan of emotion haunted me.   Those fifteen minutes spent under the funeral home's green awning the last minutes his family would ever be within arms length of this special brother.  A brother who had just slipped quietly out of this life beneath the green gold water of a river one steaming August day.  Bare chested and tan, jumping off the dock with friends.  Never to resurface again.
A lot of that week in August was just wakin…

Five Minute Fridays - "Last"

Last is such a final word, it’s a word that always makes us sit back and take note. We take note of the fact that something is about to draw to an end and we better enjoy the last drops, savor the last bites before its all gone. Like that last hot week of summer that we spend soaking up every last beam of Vitamin D. Or that last couple bites of a once a year Christmas dinner, slowly swallowed down. Or maybe the last night of a vacation where we try to take note of everything and know that we are returning to real world, real bills, real deadlines all seemingly too soon. Two weeks ago I experienced a last. For seven months I was given a gift. It was truly an unexpected gift. One I had never anticipated being given. For the past six years my sister Faith and I have lived in different cities for most of the time. We always mused over the idea that we should've lived together for at least one year of college. But from icy January 4th to steamy August 10th I had the gift…

Morning

Five Minute Fridays
Morning

Morning seems sacred to me.  Having nocturnal children kind of robs me of the mornings I like to enjoy in silence and quiet thought.
For years I would get up at least two hours before anyone so I could just be by myself and be quiet.
My parents are early morning people that like to eat full breakfasts and watch the sunrise on the porch. There's something exciting about watching the day open its' eye lids with the first glints of sun playing on the horizon edge.  Pale blues and periwinkles rouse us out of pitch black and many times morning rises in strength with extravagant colors.  It signals something new.  A new twenty four hours.  A new chance. Kind of like a new little slice of life.  We are mesmerized at first at the idea of new.  It's beautiful, holy, and hopeful.
Morning breaks the night.
I love that Cat Steven's hymn Morning has Broken.  I've always thought the words were so beautiful.
Especially the last phrase, "God&…